Work With Us
Our Work Culture
At Evergreen, we believe in nurturing a multicultural ecosystem built on collaboration and mutual success. We live and work, in the cloud. Our employees enjoy an unparalleled work life balance based on workplace science. We continuously work to integrate the newest in technology to ensure the tools and applications we use daily, can keep us efficient, fresh and creative. Our goal is to empower our employees to take initiatives – to help them help us redefine what the specialty insurance workplace can, and should be.
About Us: We are Evergreen General Agency (EGA), a multicultural MGA based out of Texas dealing in wholesale distribution of specialty insurance risk management.
The Opportunity: We wish to add an Underwriter Assistant to our team in Houston, TX where most of our successful underwriters started as entry-level assistants. We are looking for people with the drive, initiative, and desire to turn this job into their career. At EGA, we strive to provide you with all the tools you need to organically grow. Your success is ours.
The Role: As an Underwriter Assistant, you will-
- Support an Underwriter by reviewing applications
- Evaluate risk
- Process new and renewal business
Responsibilities Include: Reviewing applications, evaluating risks, interfacing with agents and insurance carriers, networking with new and current agents, and processing business.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Risk Management, Insurance or other related majors and experience preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to adapt quickly and handle multiple responsibilities at once
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and ability to learn other technological programs/tools
- Detail oriented
- Language proficiencies other than English a bonus
About Us: We are Evergreen General Agency (EGA), a multicultural MGA based out of Texas dealing in wholesale distribution of specialty insurance risk management. Opportunity: We are seeking a dynamic Underwriter who is analytically minded, hands-on and self-motivated while having a profound understanding of Property and Casualty Insurance risk. The Underwriter will be involved in thoroughly analyzing multiple types of exposures and intimately understand the entire spectrum of the binding and follow up process. At EGA, we strive to provide you with all the tools you need to organically grow. Your success is ours. Responsibilities will include:
- New and renewal business
- Communication with and developing rapport with agents
- Marketing insurance products to agents
- Reviewing property inspection reports and taking appropriate underwriting action
- Maintaining a solid link between carriers and retail agents
- Must have 3-5 years’ Property and Casualty insurance underwriting experience (bonus if has worked with surplus lines)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Is comfortable with working under minimal supervision
- Has a strong work ethic and excels working as part of a team
- A college degree or an equivalent experience
- Has Property/Casualty Insurance Agent license
- Second Language proficiency is a bonus